Why donate to Rare Disease Foundation?
- It takes on average 5 years in Canada for patients to get a diagnosis when facing rare disease.
- One quarter of children with rare disease die before their 10 th Birthday, many do not have a
diagnosis in their lifetime due to the challenges it takes to get a diagnosis.
- Rare diseases are everywhere! 1 in 12 people (8%), which means some 2.8 million Canadians
and over 350 million worldwide are affected
- Rare disease affects over 3 million Canadians – over 2 million who are children, its about as
common as the number of people who have green eyes
- Only 6% of known rare diseases have a treatment and less than 1% are curative
However, we will not let hope be as rare as our diseases are.
- Using our unique Microgrant program, the Rare Disease Foundation has funded more than 300 projects resulting in potential treatments being discovered for 11 diseases
- We have developed a thriving online and in person peer 2 peer network of support
- We are on the frontline raising awareness and advocating for change and funding, the united
voice of all rare diseases
- We are mostly volunteer based, your donation dollar goes directly into the programs and
Ways to donate
Online form here
Rare Disease Foundation
4500 Oak Street, Room C234
Vancouver, BC V6H 3N1
Buying the book Rare is Everywhere:
Proceeds from purchases of children’s author Deborah Katz’ newly published book “Rare is Everywhere”
will be donated to the Rare Disease Foundation. Books can be ordered online through Amazon.ca
There are many creative ways that your business can get involved with one of our events or we can
create a custom proposal that matches your company’s social responsibility values. Contact Sylvia Eng Fund Development and Community Engagement Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
With your help we can continue to grow. Thank you very much for your support!
Registered Charity #