Skip to content

Click here to DONATE to the Rare Disease Foundation

Donate

Section

WHY DONATE TO THE RARE DISEASE FOUNDATION?

Simply put, your donation will be the catalyst for hope and change in the lives of rare disease patients and their families not just in Canada but globally.

As a frontline organization, we are committed to raising awareness and advocating for change, progress, resources and support. 

65% of every donation goes to RDF programs and the remaining 35% goes to operations. 

For our Canadian Donors, we are a registered Canadian non-profit organization and charity and can issue tax receipts to individuals, charities, and corporations to offset Canadian tax filings. Registered Charity #819326224RR0001.

For our American Donors, until we fully establish our Rare Disease Foundation USA branch as a 501(c)3, we have partnered with Take a Breath as our charitable partner. As a 501(c)3 charity registered in Washington State, they have generously offered to issue tax receipts on behalf of the Rare Disease Foundation for individuals, charities, and corporations who need a charitable tax receipt to offset American tax filings.

Section
Section

DID YOU KNOW?

  • The average time in Canada to get a diagnosis when facing a rare disease is 5 years.
  • One quarter of children with a rare disease die before their 5th birthday, meaning many do not have a diagnosis in their lifetime due to the challenges it takes to get a diagnosis.
  • Rare diseases are everywhere! 1 in 12 people (8%), nearly 3 million Canadians and over 600 million worldwide are affected.
  • Only 6% of known rare diseases have a treatment and less than 1% are curative.
Section
Section

YOUR FUNDS WILL GO TOWARDS

  • Our COVID-19 initiative, Glowing Hearts Campaign to serve the rare disease community with essential needs (groceries, medical supplies, one on one counselling, and research specific to the rare disease population) during this pandemic.
  • Our unique microgrant program that since 2008, has funded 464 research projects resulting in treatments for 14 rare diseases.
  • Our thriving online and in person Parent 2 Parent Resource Network Community with groups across Canada.
  • Our annual fundraising events such as Rare Disease Day and Rare Finds Gala to support our community.
  • Other patient advocacy and research initiatives

OTHER WAYS TO DONATE

Buy the book “Rare is Everywhere” by children’s author Deborah Katz on Amazon.ca.

Proceeds will go to the Rare Disease Foundation.

Section
Close (esc)

Popup

Use this popup to embed a mailing list sign up form. Alternatively use it as a simple call to action with a link to a product or a page.

Age verification

By clicking enter you are verifying that you are old enough to consume alcohol.

Search

Main menu

Shopping Cart

Your cart is currently empty.
Shop now