WHY DONATE TO THE RARE DISEASE FOUNDATION?
Simply put, your donation will be the catalyst for hope and change in the lives of rare disease patients and their families not just in Canada but globally.
As a frontline organization, we are committed to raising awareness and advocating for change, progress, resources and support.
65% of every donation goes to RDF programs and the remaining 35% goes to operations.
We are a registered Canadian non-profit organization and charity and can issue tax receipts to individuals, charities, and corporations to offset Canadian tax filings. Registered Charity #819326224RR0001.
DID YOU KNOW?
- The average time in Canada to get a diagnosis when facing a rare disease is 5 years.
- One quarter of children with a rare disease die before their 5th birthday, meaning many do not have a diagnosis in their lifetime due to the challenges it takes to get a diagnosis.
- Rare diseases are everywhere! 1 in 12 people (8%), nearly 3 million Canadians and over 600 million worldwide are affected.
- Only 6% of known rare diseases have a treatment and less than 1% are curative.
YOUR FUNDS WILL GO TOWARDS
- Our COVID-19 initiative, Glowing Hearts Campaign to serve the rare disease community with essential needs (groceries, medical supplies, one on one counselling, and research specific to the rare disease population) during this pandemic.
- Our unique microgrant program that since 2008, has funded 464 research projects resulting in treatments for 14 rare diseases.
- Our thriving online and in person Parent 2 Parent Resource Network Community with groups across Canada.
- Our annual fundraising events such as Rare Disease Day and Rare Finds Gala to support our community.
- Other patient advocacy and research initiatives